CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shopping In San Antonio


This Past weekend I went to San Antonio. This was a postponed weekend from several weeks ago when the ice hit us and the roads here were not driveable. I'm sure you northerners laugh at us .. but we are not accustomed to driving under those conditions and neither are our vehicles. So, if the snow falls .. or the ice hits, this area just shuts down!

Saturday morning off we went .. SHOPPING! First we hit the outlet mall, then on the way home we stopped at some quaint little old houses converted to retail shops. It was so cute. I wanted to take some pictures, but there were signs everywhere saying no photography. After hours in a "girly" shop buying Yellow Box Sandals and BLING necklaces I stopped in a super cute little "Texas" style rustic store.



I LOVED it! I enjoyed meeting the owner, Tricia Travis. She's super laid back, very ARTISTIC and had the most comfy little abode! Everything was so neat and tidy (which I love) and all color coordinated (which I love). Her speciality is hooking rugs. She laughed as she called herself a "hooker". She did allow me to take a few pics of the shop inside and out, but none of her rugs. I can understand why, but I'm here to tell you, they were breath taking! She has everything there to get started including classes. I wasn't able to browse as long as I'd like (one of my cousins had just had surgery and was feeling poor). She made us feel so at home. Lots of goodies (like a little country store would have!) and of course, what Texas store would be complete without homemade fudge at the counter! I didn't get it try it, but it sure looked yummy!


So, if you are out near San Antonio, stop in and say Hi to Tricia. Bring a big shopping bag, you won't be able to resist her goodies!


Thanks Trish for making us feel so welcome and sharing your thoughts and talents with us!

Country Gatherings, owner Tricia Travis,
18771 FM 2252 (Nacagdoches Rd),
San Antonio Texas 78266,
210-651-4470,
countrygatheringsshop.com
Next road trip ... Round Top, Texas at the end of March .. with over 2,000 vendors! Can't wait!










No comments:

Post a Comment