CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day is over and Christmas is just around the corner!


Well, we managed to survive turkey day and only had enough turkey to eat on the next day! I'm so thankful I chose the smaller bird! It was a quiet day. Just me, hubby, mother in law, mom and daughter. Lots of food .. especially my mom's famous chocolate pie! She makes the best pie ever! They are in such high demand in my family. For just us, she made FOUR! Oh, and a pumpkin too. I haven't a clue how she makes them, but I have a feeling in the next year or two I'll inherit the recipe and the task to make them. Needless to say, my son and his g/f came over the next day and took home what was remaining of the pumpkin. My niece and her daughter also stopped by and took home one whole uncut chocolate. By the end of Saturday, no chocolate pie was to be found! Mom was worn out as you can see in the picture. She had on her apron I made her and her and her grand-puppies were napping in DH's chair.

I've started putting up a few Christmas decorations. We have lots of things going on during the month of December. As I pulled the autumn linens from the table to wash them, on went the Christmas ones. The table looks so sad. I've got to get busy on my centerpiece ... hmmm ... what shall it be????

No comments:

Post a Comment